WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Too often, people who would be excellent teachers give up before even applying, many feel that teaching is a field filled with bureaucracy and hierarchies. While this may be true in some schools. we are a little bit different.
SMA 1 PSKD is looking for teachers who are driven, dedicated, and interested in exploring new educational methods and programs. We are looking for people who have a true passion for teaching, if you love working with students, or teaching others, we would be interested in having you join us. (Passion does NOT mean long hours and low pay).
We understand that each individual is different, and that our unique traits are something to be treasured, we are not looking for the "classic/traditional" teacher who never smiles, not friendly, and recites everything from a text book. we are looking for the individual that loves to teach, is passionate about his/her subject, and wants to make the world better, one students at a time. While we do have some basic rules as to appearance, punctuality, and professionalism, we are very tolerant of both our students and our staffs unique characteristics, and we don't mind a little bit of crazy in our staff (as long its the good kind of crazy).
Our program at SMA 1 PSKD is based on student activity and freedom, while at the same time building the discipline that is needed to exercise that freedom correctly. We do not use schedules and classes in the classical sense, rather we have teachers available at all times to act as mentors and facilitators for the students. We believe that it is important to be able to teach in a way that is compatible with the way students learn, and to evaluate students progress in a way that is in line with the way that students communicate and express themselves.
What we are looking for in our teachers:
- The willingness to try new methods in teaching.
- A wide world view and knowledge base, teachers are expected to be able to help students tie together material from different subjects and fields.
- An ability to communicate in English (all classes are taught in Indonesian, but English is required for some programs).
- Able to work with students on a 1-to-1 Basis, or with students in small groups.
- Willing to read (you would be surprised how few teachers actually read!!!).
- Creativity. (we always looking for new ideas!).
- Relevant degree or experience.
- Posesses a deep understanding of the subject matter.
- Is able to work and teach in non-traditional educatinal systems.
- Ability to teach and communicate in english is a plus.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Is comfortable using technology as a teaching aid/tool.
- Is able to create unique learning situations for their particular subject.
C.V's/Applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have vacancies in the following positions (if there are no details listed, follow general requirements) :
Music (Vocal and Instruments)
Web Designer (Staff)
Esports Teacher (LoL)
ESPORTS TEACHER (OVERWATCH)
See here for requirements
ESPORTS TEACHER (DOTA2)
Esports Teacher (CS:GO)
Esports Program Coordinator
See here for requirements
Our program allows students to choose what aspects of each subject they are going to explore further, and frees the students to study and learn at their own pace. Many of our students assignments cross over with other subjects, and it is not unusual for a project to result in multiple grades over multiple subjects. for example, a project titled "A multimedia presentation of the effect of trade routes on the spread of religion" might count towards the students work total in the subjects of History, Religion, Sociology, Economics, and computer sciences. Since projects can count towards multiple subjects, students are able to explore each project in more depths since they are not forced to complete 6-7 different assignments for 6-7 different classes.
We use technology in any aspects of our day to day activities, and we were in fact the first school in Asia to use iPads on a 1-to-1 basis, with every student and every teacher given access to an iPad.
We welcome with open arms teachers who think outside the box, try new things, and are willing to look outside the constraints of the normal curriculum and methods to be able to provide an unique and challenging environment to their students. If you have trouble fitting in with the normal hierarchical culture of Indonesian schools, we might just be the school for you.
The things we want in your application:
- A copy of your CV (Prior teaching experience is not a must).
- Two sets 4 cm x 6 cm photos of yourself.
- An explanation of what subject you are interested in teaching, and why you are interested in teaching that subject.
- A short Essay about that describes your teaching philosophy.
- A short explanation of what your personal goals would be if you became a teacher at our school.
- An estimation of your desired salary, we have both full-time, and contract positions available (minimum period for contracts is 2 years).
- Also we would require photocopies of the following documents:
- Your University Diploma or transcripts of your university grades (for applicants who have not graduated yet).
- Your Identification Card (KTP).
Feel free to include anything that you feel may strengthen your application.
One important note, although we are a Christian School Organization, we are open to applicants of ALL religious backgrounds. Religious beliefs are not used as consideration for accepting prospective staff, except for teachers teaching religion/religious studies.
All applications should be sent, or delivered to:
SMA 1 PSKD
Jl. Diponegoro No. 80
Senen, Jakarta Pusat
If you are interested in applying, or would like to learn more about our school and programs, you can send an email to: email@example.com.